Wednesday, October 14, 2015

7 striking Quotes Fashola Made During His Ministerial Screening

1.On the Issue Of State Police
“There is a NECESSITY to decentralise the Police. We are under policed and my recommendation is a compelling urgency for decentralisation.If we are afraid of abuse, start the state police. Not every state should start if it can’t be funded”.
2.On Security
“Security remains the primary but toughest job a leader can have; It was a competition, as governor I felt responsible for every citizen that was robbed.Government exists to protect citizens and their assets therefore criminals are my competitors”.
3.On abuse of Power
“The abuse of political power is not as important as the loss of lives. Plus there is a process for curing the abuse of institutions”.
4.On his tenure as governor of Lagos State
“Our Work in Lagos was a Team Effort, I won’t appropriate personal responsibility for the Good Work. Before we increase taxes, we must optimize the capacity to get that which is in the place”.
5. On his policies if appointed FCT Minister
“Get a hold of Abuja’s resources and District problems and include people who live on the fringes of the society.My Knowledge of Abuja is not as deep as my knowledge of Lagos. I have lived in Lagos all my life.I will walk away from the tendency to condemn the level of development of our Country”.
6.On the role of Public servants
“As governor of Lagos, I never signed a cheque and never fixed contract prices”.
7.On the issue of loyalty
“Nobody can fairly accuse me of giving my word and going back on my word.I have remained loyal to causes I signed to. I stand by my word. May our Loyalty never be tested”.  source:Nigeria Monitor

No comments:

Post a Comment