Monday, May 4, 2015

We Were Sabotaged! I Want A Rematch, Says Pacquiao


Pacquiao's camp had considered postponing the fight, but instead elected to go forward on the scheduled date after the Nevada Athletic Commission approved the use of numbing agent injections. However, Pacquiao was denied permission the night of the fight.

"I really needed that shot because if I throw a power hook or power jab, it hurt," Pacquiao told Ryan Songalia of Rappler.


According to Pacquiao, the injections are legal and approved by the United States Anti-Doping Agency.

"It's not a steroid but its legal here, for numbing," Pacquiao said. "The problem is we were sabotaged."

The issue of the injection wasn't the only item which Pacquiao felt needed addressing.

"I’m so disappointed because for the first time in my boxing career, more than 20 years, they hold my vitamins, they hold my water (from) the dressing room," Pacquiao said. "This is new."

Pacquiao said he fought at 60 percent, adding that if his shoulder were to require surgery, that would only sideline him two-to-three months, leaving the door open for a rematch.

"I want a rematch if he wants," Pacquiao said. "I wasn't 100 percent ready for last night because of this shoulder but I don't want to use that complaining that I lost the fight. I'm just accepting the fact that I lost.

"At least to the people, I was the winner."



Credit: TheScore

No comments:

Post a Comment